Your yard is looking great. You’ve labored over the months, and it’s now ship-shape. But wait! Your favorite trimmer has just kicked the bucket! And the fact, is, there’s no other way to go about it than to get a new one. After all, without a good trimmer, you’re not going to have a good looking yard. The question now is though, what’s the best cordless trimmer on the market these days?
It’s been forever since you’ve had to even consider investing in a trimmer. That said, we’ve put together a resource just for you. A one-stop-shop, if you will. Here, we’ll uncover the best cordless trimmers available on the market right now, today!
Advantages of a Cordless Trimmer
• Cordless: emmm, yeah, cordless. That’s got to be the main advantage, obviously. A corded trimmer can be a real pain, particularly with a larger yard, right? Sure, if you’ve got a lawn area the size of a postage stamp, then a cordless trimmer ain’t totally necessary. But anything larger than that, and it soon becomes akin to a nightmare when you have a length of power cabling trailing behind you everywhere you go.
• Safer to use: here again, because there’s no cord, there’s nothing to slice through other than the weeds, grass, and what have you. Furthermore, if electrical cord gets wet, well, we bot know that’s not a good idea. It’s a definite hazard – an accident waiting to happen!
• It’s easy to store: well, there’s no cord, so there’s no need to worry about that any longer. Simply find a little place in the corner of your garden shed or garage, pop the trimmer in to said corner, and that’s it, job done!
• No fuel: yes, of course, no fuel, and that in turn means no messing about with fuel/ oil mixes and no gasoline smell, which often occurs during refueling due to leakage.
• Lightweight: cordless battery-powered weed trimmers are very lightweight, making them suited to pretty much everyone’s capability.
Cordless Trimmer Reviews: The Top 5
Black & Decker LST136W 13 Inch Lithium Ion Cordless High Performance String Trimmer
When it comes to cordless trimmer reviews, we feel that the Black & Decker 13-inch cordless LST136W really does fit the bill with respect to the best cordless trimmer on the market. It’s certainly one of them.
The 13-inch cordless LST136W trimmer is particularly efficient and makes life easier in that it gets the job done faster due to a powerful 40-Volt MAX lithium-ion battery system. But it’s not merely the power on offer here, as the battery affords excellent runtime. Plus, you can use this same battery with other tools that are grouped within the same Black & Decker system.
This trimmer comes with a PowerCommand dial, which means you can choose between max power (8500 RPM), good for tackling those thicker weeds, and max runtime (6500 RPM), which in turn means the battery life will be longer. Additionally, there’s PowerDrive Transmission functionality, which allows you to use more cutting force to cut through branches.
Current price: Around $140
Black & Decker LST420 20-volt Max Lithium High Performance Trimmer and Edger, 12-Inch
This is another top-notch cordless trimmer, no two-ways about it! Just as with the LST136W above, the B & D LST420 comes with PowerDrive Transmission, delivering more power from the motor to get the work done faster. The Runtime Extension Technology and dual mode accelerator switch combines together to offer higher performance over an extended time-frame.
The Automatic Feed Spool makes life extra-convenient – there’s no need to stop and start when the line runs short, since the spool auto-feeds the line for you. The LST420 also comes with two 2.0 Amp hour lithium battery packs. Thus, if one battery runs out of juice during a job, simply pop the other one in place and continue with your work. The batteries also fit other tools within the same Black & Decker range.
Current Price: Around $100
Black & Decker LST136 13-Inch Lithium Ion Cordless High Performance String Trimmer
Again, this model uses the PowerCommand dial functionality, so you can choose between max power (8500) or lower power (6500) depending on the job at hand. The LST136 easily converts between a trimmer and an edger, and merely takes a quick flip of the shaft to do so. As such, you’re really getting two tools in one here, which certainly is no-bad thing! There’s also an auto-feed spool, which means you don’t have to worry about stop-start to feed the line out each time. An added benefit is that the 36-volt lithium ion battery pack charges in around an hour.
Current Price: Around $180
WORX WG175 32-volt Lithium MAX Cordless Grass Trimmer and Edger with Wheel Set
The Worx WG175 comes with 3-in-1 functionality and has dual-position wheels which help to ease the processes involved in edging, grass trimming, and in mowing. It converts between an in-line edger, to a mower, and then to a trimmer within a matter of seconds, and there’s no requirement for any fancy tools to make the conversion either.
The 32-volt cordless max lithium ion battery gives a longer runtime and higher power output. The 12-inch cutting diameter equates to more cutting potential in less time. What’s more, there’s 100% single line feed, so no need to worry about stopping and starting when the line becomes short. The quick-release lever provides fast telescopic height adjustments on the 90-degree tilting shaft.
Current Price: Around $140
GreenWorks Cordless Lithium Ion Cut String Trimmer, 12-Inch
A nice lightweight trimmer weighing in at a mere 7.7 pounds, the GreenWorks Cordless Trimmer comes with a newly enhanced 24-volt, 2.0 Amp hour lithium ion battery, which can run for up to an hour before recharging becomes necessary.
With the simple push of a button, the GreenWorks converts rom a trimmer to an edger. The 0.065 cutting line is auto feed, so no worries about cutting the power off to feed the line. The 12-inch cutting path makes it easy to get the job done faster.