Fed up trying to reach those areas of the lawn that are hard to get at? No longer intent on the back-breaking work that’s involved when using the old garden shears when cutting down the overgrown shrubbery once it’s beautifully colored display has dissipated for another year? Or perhaps your previous weed eater has met its’ final calling in life and has bitten the dust, so it’s time to invest in something new?
Whatever your reasoning, we’ve got you covered with the best electric weed eater selection that’s currently available on today’s market. These models are suited mostly to light work, so don’t be tempted to go hard in trying to cut your trees down. Without any further ado, let’s check some of the best electric weed eaters out right here and now!
Advantages of an Electric Weed Eater
• Makes life easier: the hand shears are all good and well, providing you’re still living in the 19th century. Really, in this day and age, what with the advances in technology in general, but in this case, specifically with respect to gardening implements, there’s no excuse not to make life a whole lot easier.
• No batteries to top-up: just plug these babies in and off you go! There’s no hanging around waiting for your battery pack to fully charge.
• No fuel mixing: 2-stroke motors, which are commonly found in weed eaters, require a fuel mix for them to function. If you get the mix ratios wrong, the tool simply will not work. Electrical weed eaters certainly offer an advantage there!
• Less noise: there’s no getting away from the fact that gas trimmers are noisy critters. Start revving the engine, and you’ve got a real noisy beast on – or rather, in – your hands, which is why many folks who use them prefer to wear ear muffs. No such thing with an electric weed eater however. These things are quiet as can be!
• Lightweight: electric weed trimmers are particularly lightweight, making them suitable to every user’s capability.
Electric Weed Eater Reviews: The Top 5
GreenWorks Corded String Trimmer
The GreenWorks Corded String Trimmer arrives in a range of choices – a 4 Amp option with 13-inch cutting path, a 5.5 Amp option with 15-inch cutting path, or a 10 Amp option with 18-inch cutting path.
As the line wears, the auto line advancement system replenishes it, which will come as a relief to many. The handle rotates some 180-degrees, which makes edging along driveways, sidewalks, and lawns a simple and more accurate matter.
The Greenworks Trimmer also comes with an adjustable telescopic shaft, thereby easily accommodating the operator’s height. All GreenWorks tools offer a zero carbon footprint, and come together with a 4 year warranty, which equates to double that of the industry standard.
Current Price: From $30 – $80
Black & Decker ST7700 13-Inch 4.4 amp Automatic Feed String Trimmer and Edger
The Black & Decker ST7700 cuts a 13-inch path, and packs quite a punch working at 10,000 RPM, even with its’ rather dainty 4.4 Amp motor.
The built-in auxiliary handle helps to minimize any potential for wrist fatigue when this weed eater is used over lengthy time periods, and it can be used with ease since it weighs in at an extremely light 4.5 pounds! The cord retention system helps to guard against any unintended unplugging, which can quickly become something of a regularity. The tool affords a 2-year warranty.
Current Price: Around $40
Black & Decker ST1000 9-inch Bump Feed String Trimmer
This entry level trimmer is the ideal tool for smaller yards or perhaps for those lighter duty trimming jobs. The small 1.8 Amp motor operates at a speedy 11,000 RPM. As and when necessary, the bump feed spool feeds the line, so there’s no need to continuously fiddle around with the spool. The tool weighs a mere 3.2lbs, so it really does take minimal effort to tend to the trimming work. There’s a secondary operating handle for user convenience and comfort.
Current Price: Around $20
WORX WG118 15-Inch Wheeled Electric Grass Trimmer/Edger, 6.0 Amp
The WORX WG118 Corded Electric Trimmer possesses a tool-less conversion facility to an in-line edger, which merely takes seconds to complete.
The rather innovative 2-in-1 design comes with built-in edging wheels, which helps to guide along driveways, sidewalks, and pathways with simplistic control. The telescoping shaft makes this weed eater suitable for anyone to use, irrespective of height. There’s a foldable spacer guard which prevents the potential for damage to foliage or ornaments located on or beside the lawn. The WG118 boasts a 6 Amp motor together with a 15-inch cutting diameter. The tool includes a dual line WORX trimmer line spool.
Current Price: Around $70
Earthwise ST00015 15-Inch 6.25 amp Electric String Trimmer
The Earthwise ST00015 Electric weed eater comes with a rotating upper handle and 3-position adjustable cutting head, making it nicely adaptable to a variety of garden jobs.
The 6.25 Amp motor operates up to a maximum of 7,500 RPM. The telescopic shaft allows you to choose the height and angle for utilization, making it a nicely comfortable user experience. The flip-down edge guard means that there’s little danger of you chopping off the ends of your shoes, or anything else for that matter. The auto line feed allows a continuous line flow without the requirement of messing around with the spool. Plus, there’s a built-in plug and retention cord with hook so there’s no chance the electrical cord will come loose. The lock-off switch provides an extra level of safety. If you are looking for the best electric weed eater, the Earthwise ST00015 should definitely be on your list.
Current Price: Around $50